Summer Essentials by que-viva-viviana featuring lining shoes
1. Waterproof Mascara- TRUST. Yes, you will be swimming and splashing around obviously, but I wear my affordable yet faithful Maybelline One by One waterproof mascara all the time, all year. I learned my lesson while I was out shooting in a gun range for the first time; my regular mascara started melting with the sun-heat which lead to stinging, teary, blurry, eye-sight. That could have been a real disaster. In general, swimming and crying and the stuff of life call for waterproof mascara.
2. One Piece Swimsuit- Why? Because it will always be good to you. You may have shelled out money for that hot new 2-piece, but pack this trusty suit for the days when you've had too much beer and barbecue (as if), or are bloated on your "time-of-the-month". You can still look good and be carefree.
3. Aviators - Need I say more? This pair is flattering on just about every face shape and everywhere; you can't NOT have 'em. When you lose your prized "trendy" shades on that roller coaster, guess who will come swooping in to ease the pain? Yeah.
4. Thin Jewelry- There's nothing wrong with shiny bauble necklaces and chandelier earrings. But sometimes they're just heavy, annoying, and distracting. A thin necklace or glimmering stud earrings will add and understated elegance to any casual get-up.
5. White Blazer- Preferably a cotton/linen blend, you can freshen up your work outfit , add polish to a tee and jeans, wear with shorts and wedges... the possibilities are endless! It's also great for those breezy summer nights.
6. Light Pants- I don't need to tell you that colored pants are popular right now, but if you don't have a comfortable casual pair yet, you're missing out! Also definitely try prints and lighter materials for added fun.
7. Strap Sandals - This minimalist cute sandal is a refreshing alternative to the proverbial thong flip-flop. They go with everything from dresses to printed pants.
8. Denim Shorts - Comfortable, easily matched and durable. Get a high-waist pair and go crazy.
9. Relaxed Blouse - Really, you can wear any comfy top you like, but this slouchy button-up is equal parts relaxed and polished. It will look good on us all!
10.Kick-ass Tote Purse- Impromptu road trip? Check. A day at the Lake? Check. Night at a friends place? Check. This particular tote is spacious, has a black and white print to go with anything and classy leather handles.